A webhook is an HTTP POST request that occurs when something happens. In other words, it’s a simple event notification via HTTP POST. Ecwid uses webhooks to notify your application in real time about events in the merchant store.
This is how your application can use webhooks:
- Receive a request from Ecwid every time a new product is created or an existing product is changed so you can synchronize the store catalog with your local database. Get the updated product data and make your app in sync in one HTTP request instead of downloading the whole catalog.
- Get notified about every new order in the store so you can send a custom email or text message, generate a custom receipt, or subscribe the customer to your newsletter.
You can receive webhooks about these store entities:
- Abandoned sale (created, updated, deleted)
- Order (created, updated, deleted)
- Product (created, updated, deleted)
- Customer (created, updated, deleted)
- Store profile (subscription plan updated)
- Application (installed, subscription status updated, uninstalled)
Use these links to quickly get started with webhooks: