A webhook is an HTTP POST request that occurs when something happens.
In other words, it’s a simple event notification via HTTP POST. Ecwid uses webhooks to notify your application in real time about events in the merchant store.
Table of contents
Use these links to quickly get started with webhooks:
How to use webhooks
This is how your application can use webhooks:
- Receive a request from Ecwid every time a new product is created or an existing product is changed; so you can synchronize the store catalog with your local database. Decide if you need to update your database. If yes, get the updated product data from Ecwid REST API and make your app in sync in one HTTP request instead of downloading the whole catalog.
- Get notified about every new order in the store so you can send a custom email or text message, generate a custom receipt, or subscribe the customer to your newsletter. Once webhook is received, get order details from Ecwid REST API and continue your app flow
What entities are supported
You can receive webhooks about these store entities:
- Abandoned sale (created, updated, deleted)
- Order (created, updated, deleted)
- Product (created, updated, deleted)
- Category (created, updated, deleted)
- Customer (created, updated, deleted)
- Store profile (updated, subscription plan updated)
- Application (installed, subscription status updated, uninstalled)