How webhooks work
In a nutshell, webhooks in Ecwid work this way:
- Ecwid will use the
Webhook URLfrom your application details to send any available webhooks to that single URL
- When a user (merchant) installs your application, the webhooks for this store are automatically enabled
- Each supported event in the store (e.g. new order is placed) triggers an HTTP POST request to the URL your specified
- Your application receives the requests and replies with
200 OKto identify that it’s received
- Then your app processes the webhook request and performs further steps to handle the event
The following events are supported:
- New order was placed
- Order was updated
- Order was deleted
- Unfinished order was created
- Unfinished order was updated
- Unfinished order was deleted
unfinished_order.updated events are triggered when any changes are made to an unfinished or completed order. Orders endpoint allows you to control and get information about unfinished and completed orders in a store.
- New product was created
- Product was updated
- Product was deleted
product.updated events are triggered when any part of a product is updated: quantity, categories assigned, product options, variations, attributes, images, pricing, etc. Products endpoint allows you to control and get information about products in a store.
- New category created
- Category was updated
- Category was deleted
category.updated events are triggered when any part of category is updated: parentId, order by index, category image, name, product list, description, enabled status. Category endpoint allows you to control and get category information in a store.
- Application was installed
- Application subscription status was updated
- Application was deleted
Application endpoint allows you to check status of your application.
- Store subscription plan was updated
Store profile endpoint allows you to get and update store information.
- Customer was created
- Customer was updated
- Customer was deleted
Customers endpoint allows you to get and update customer information.